List of my Awards/ Recognition
Special Commendation by Federal Road Safety Commission, Sector R S 3.4 Abeokuta, Ogun State – 1993
(ii) Special Commendation by Ogun State Forestry Plantation Project Area J4, (IBRD/ADB Sponsored), Ijebu Ode – 1993
- Merit Award by Ogun State NYSC in recognition of Meritorious Service to Ogun State, Nigeria – 1992/1993
- Nominee to the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), National Award -1992/1993
- Listed in Marquise Who is Who in the World, 1998
(v) Award – American Society of Primatologists (ASP) Conservation Subscription Award -1999
(vi) Award – Primate Society of Great Britain (PSGB) Conservation Small Grant Award -1999
(vii) Award – Margot Marsh Biodiversity Foundation, Research Grant – July –2000
(viii) Award – Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) Research Grant – July – 2000
(ix) International/National Wetlands Management Training Workshop Sponsorship of Wetlands International, Netherlands in Conjunction with Hadejia – Nguru Wetlands Conservation Project (HNWCP) and Nigeria Conservation Foundation (NCF) – April – 2000
(x) Award – Margot Marsh Biodiversity Foundation and Conservation International (CI) Joint grant for participation at the 18th IPS congress in Adelaide, Australia – 7th-14th Jan. 2001
- Winner: 1st Pan African Association for Zoos, Aquaria &Botanical Gardens (PAAZAB) Conservation Award. -May 2002
- Letter of Appreciation by University of Uyo Council for meritorious services to the University in areas of fund raising from donor agencies – 2004
- Letter of congratulations by the council of University of Uyo in appreciation of the discovery of a new Wildlife species; West African Zebra Gecko which international scientists have named globally in my honour as Hemidactylus eniangii in June 2010.
- Award of Fellowship: Earthwatch Institute in Conjunction with British-American Tobacco to participate in the Earthwatch Project: West African Manatee Conservation from 5th – 18th October 2008 in Lake Volta, Ghana.
- Winner: The Development in Nigeria Merit 2012– Higher Education Category , in recognition of meritorious achievement in teaching and research into Nigerian Biodiversity: People Society and Resources (PSR) Magazine, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Discovery of a new Wildlife species for Nigeria: The west African Zebra Gecko, named globally in my honour as Hemidactylus eniangii since 2010.
- Regional Co- – Chair: Responsible for all Scientific and Conservation Issues affecting the threatened African Manatee (Trichechus senegalensis) in West Africa. Under the Sirenian Specialist Group of the Species Survival Commission(SSC), International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN), Gland Switzerland, 2010 to Date.
- Winner: 14th PSR National Award:- Higher Education Category , in recognition of meritorious achievement in teaching and research into Nigerian Biodiversity: People Society and Resources (PSR) Magazine, Abuja, Nigeria. – 2014.
- Rediscovery of the Flying Lizard Holaspis guentheri in Akai Edoho, Eket LGA, Akwa Ibom State after 49 years, August 2015.
- Member /Focal person for Crocodiles Conservation in Nigeria: Crocodiles Specialists Group (CSG) of the IUCN Species Specialists Commission (SSC), 2015 to date.
- Award of Excellence (Community Forest Conservation Award) bestowed on Dr Edem A. Eniang during the 2017 International Day of Forests by Tropical Research and Conservation Centre (TRCC) and Ikot Uso Akpan Community.